light on

January 1, 2019


Losing friends used to scare me. I felt like it defined who I was, if I was good person or not, if I was able to keep any without making them hate me or get bored of me. But I'm realizing that losing people is natural and it's how it was meant to be all along.

My fear used to make me hold on to them. If these people came back to me, I had to try and give them another chance. Maybe we could be like we used to be. That never works, though. Too much happens for it to go back to how it was. Truth of the matter is, when people leave my life, I become a little bit of a new person. I grow and evolve away from them. So when they're back, we can't be who we used to be because I'm different. I'm not that same person anymore.

And that's okay. It's okay that they're no longer in my life. It's okay that I've changed.

Oh, if you keep reaching out
Then I'll keep coming back
And if you're gone for good

Then I'm okay with that
-Maggie Rogers

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© naureenreads. Design by Fearne.